Under the Sea
Cooking seafood can sometimes be a little tricky. You can’t overcook it and sometimes you may end up undercooking it too. If you’re like the most of us, it can get you feeling rather anxious because it’s a hit or a miss.
Now, after several attempts, there is one way to enjoy seafood without having to worry about its texture. All you’ll need to do is to turn them into ‘cakes’! These savoury seafood cakes are easy to make. Plus, you’ll need to mix all ingredients in one bowl and that would mean less dishes to wash!
So, here are two simple seafood cake recipes for you to prepare for your family.
|250 g||Fresh crabmeat|
|400 g||Russet potato|
|50 g||Baby spinach, rinsed|
|A pinch of salt|
|A dash of black pepper|
|A sprig of dill|
- Boil russet potatoes in slightly salted water until soft.
- Then, drain the potatoes, mash them and set aside.
- Next, steam crabmeat for 10 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Once crabmeat has cooled down, mash them with your fingers or a fork until fine and add to the bowl of potatoes.
- Then, with a scissors, snip the baby spinach leaves into smaller pieces and add to the bowl.
- Add dill leaves, salt and ground black pepper and mix well.
- Scoop mixture with a spoon and shape them into patties.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add some oil.
- Fry patties until well cooked and golden.
- Enjoy immediately with some lemon juice squeezed on top.
|300 g||Prawns, shelled and de-veined|
|100 g||Sweet potato|
|150 g||Russet potato|
|20 g||Chives, rinsed|
|150 g||Panko breadcrumbs|
|A pinch of sea salt|
|A pinch of black pepper|
- Boil sweet potatoes and russet potatoes until soft.
- In the meantime, mince prawns until it becomes a paste.
- Once both types of potatoes are boiled, mash well.
- Then, snip chives finely and mix with the potatoes.
- Add 50 grammes of panko breadcrumbs, salt, black pepper and mix prawns in. Mix well.
- With a spoon, scoop a small portion of the mixture and form them into patties.
- In a saucer, whisk the egg.
- Then coat the patties with egg and followed by panko breadcrumbs.
- Place prawn cakes in the air-fryer and spray a little oil or dollop a small amount of butter on each patty.
- Air-fry at 160 degree Celsius for 15 minutes.
- Enjoy immediately with some plain yoghurt.