Discover the benefits of this nutritious tropical fruit
The passion fruit is grown in many tropical countries and is a favourite choice among health-conscious individuals. The seed-filled centre of the fruit is sweet and sour and it’s perfect to be enjoyed by itself or a part of any meal like a salad, smoothie bowl, dessert or even a punch.
Besides being the perfect pair to most food, here are some other amazing facts about the fruit.
- Passion fruit is considered a type of berry, according to botanists.
- There are several types of passion fruit, with the most common being the yellow and purple varieties.
- It’s a good source of vitamin C and A which helps to boost your immune system.
- A good source of dietary fibre. A whole fruit contains about two grammes of fibre, which most of it is soluble fibre.
- Polyphenols can be found in passion fruit which is a form of antioxidant and has anti-inflammatory properties.