Pocket-friendly Christmas Snacks
End 2019 on a sweet note with these healthy holiday-themed family snacks!
Make the last month of the year extra fun and exciting with a fun family activity in the kitchen. These holiday themed snacks can be prepared together as a family and they’re perfect to be presented during a family meal or brought to a party! Plus, we’ve also helped you divide the roles to give you a good headstart in preparation planning.
- 1 Cavendish banana
- 4 Strawberries
- Carefully slice banana and strawberries.
- Then, place the sliced fruits into separate bowls.
- Prepare plate(s) to decorate.
- Once fruits are sliced, arrange fruits alternatively and shape into a candy cane.
NOTE: Squeeze some lemon juice onto the bananas to prevent it from oxidising and changing to a brownish shade.
Fresh cucumber trees
- 50 g Redcurrants A handful of toothpicks
- Prepare both cucumbers by slicing the tip of the cucumbers and rub the tips against the cucumber.
- With a fruit peeler, slice one cucumber vertically.
- Then, with the other cucumber, slice it horizontally about half an inch thick.
Children & Adults
- With a toothpick, carefully fold the cucumber strip and skewer it. Repeat this step if the toothpick is longer.
- Then, skewer a sliced cucumber and place it standing up.
- Repeat steps two and three until all ingredients are used.
- Then, carefully decorate the cucumbers with some redcurrants.