Perfect potato dishes
Sick of rice and noodles? Try this carb instead!
Poh-tae-to or poh-tah-to? No matter how you pronounce the word ‘potato’, if you’re a food lover and cooking enthusiast, you’ll surely love these two dishes!
Potatoes are a great way to fill your stomach. This starchy substitute is also a good source of vitamin C and potassium. Hence, if you’re sick and tired of the usually serving or rice or
noodles, potatoes could be a great way to fill you up!
Recipe 1: Baked Potatoes
- 500 g Russet potatoes
- 400 ml Cooking cream
- 2 tbsp Mushroom salt
- 1 tbsp Black pepper
- 2 tsp Fresh parsley, chopped
- Rinse and peel potatoes. Then, slice potatoes thinly.
- Heat oven to 180oC.
- In a round casserole or oven-proof dish, arrange potatoes to form one layer.
- Then, sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until the dish is filled
- Then, pour cooking and bake for 45 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.
- Remove dish from oven and all to cool a little before transferring the baked potatoes to a plate.
- Lastly, sprinkle with parsley as garnish.
Recipe 2: Sweet potato fries
- 2 large Sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp Finely ground black pepper
- Cut sweet potatoes to about 0.3 cm thick.
- Then, in a large bowl, coat sweet potatoes with cooking oil well.
- Gently place sweet potatoes into the air-fryer and ‘fry’ for about 25 minutes at 160oC.
- Lastly, pour all onto a plate and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and black pepper.