Dust is made out of all kinds of particles. From dead skin cells, pollen, fibres from clothing and dirt from the environment.
Finding dust at home is no fun at all and the worst part is, no matter how much you clean, it keeps coming back. Plus, it gets even more annoying if dust triggers health issues such as allergies. Unfortunately, it’s impossible to entirely eliminate dust but here are some simple and effective tips that keep dust at bay.
- Change your bedding weekly to prevent dust mites from dwelling on it.
- Use a damp cloth instead of a duster to remove dust around your home.
- Invest in a good air purifier equipped with a HEPA air filter especially if dust is your allergy trigger.
- Sun and beat your rugs and cushions weekly to remove dust from its fibres.
- A more effective way to eliminate dust from your home is to clean it from top to bottom.
- Carpets are a lovely touch but they’re also a magnet for dust mites.
Leave your floor clean from clutter by clearing any item including clothes, toys and books to prevent dust from gathering around it.