Clean eating desserts
A great option for a quick healthy breakfast or dessert!
Parfait might sound like a fancy, decadent dessert. In reality, it’s the layers of delicious ingredients that make it look fancy and taste amazing! The basic architecture of a parfait goes like this – yogurt, fruits, granola, nuts and repeat!
When it comes to making parfait, you can use any kind of fruits, nuts and yogurts. On top of that, with a few small tweaks you can serve this delectable yogurt parfait as a nutritious grab-and-go breakfast, snack or served as a dessert.
There are no secret ingredients needed to pull-off this French dessert. All you need is less than 15 minutes to make them. Let’s not forget the fact that you can customise it according to your dietary needs and taste preferences.
With that being said, say hello to your new favourite healthy desserts. Here are a few of our favourite parfait combos:
STRAWBERRY & BANANA GRANOLA PARFAIT
1 cup Greek yogurt
½ cup Granola
½ cup Fresh strawberries, sliced
1 Large banana, sliced
- Layer two tablespoons of Greek yogurt at the bottom of a mason jar.
- Top the yogurt layer with some fruits (according to preferred combo) and sprinkle some granola or nuts on top.
- Then repeat the above steps until the jar is filled.
- You may serve parfaits immediately and enjoy the different textures with every bite or store in the fridge for two to three days but do note that the texture of the ingredients will change due.
1 cup Almond milk or low fat milk
1 cup Pomegranate
½ cup Chia seeds
3 tbsp Honey or maple syrup
½ tsp Vanilla extract (optional)
½ cup Granola
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond milk, chia seeds and honey extract. Whisk well.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour, preferably overnight.
- The next day, spoon the chia pudding, pomegranate and granola in alternating layers into mason jars.
- Serve immediately or store for up to three days.