Do you have a family of cheese lovers? If yes, here are two must-try recipes!
Do you find stringy cheese irresistible? Are you biased to pick food items that have the word ‘cheese’ in it? Also, perhaps it’s almost safe to say that just the sight or sound of cheese will simply melt your heart.
If you’re a cheese lover, we’ve got two amazing recipes that have been tried and tested by our team!
Cheesy scalloped potatoes
- 5 Medium-sized potatoes, scrubbed
- 300 g Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 200 g Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 100 g Parmesan cheese, grated finely
- 2 sprigs Fresh thyme
- 2 tsps Sea salt
- 2 tsps Finely grounded black pepper
- 100 ml Fresh milk
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Slice potatoes thinly and soak in salted water.
- Set aside ⅓ of the portion of Mozzarella and Cheddar cheese.
- In a baking dish, arrange a layer of sliced potatoes.
- Then, sprinkle thyme, and a handful of both cheeses. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until complete.
- In a bowl, mix milk with sea salt and black pepper. Stir well.
- Then, milk is poured onto the potato dish and lastly, top the dish with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake potatoes for about 40 minutes or until golden.
Cheesy tomato & crabmeat pasta
- 200 g Penne pasta
- 100 g Fresh crabmeat
- 150 g Mozzarella cheese
- 5 tbsp Tomato paste
- 50 ml Cooking cream
- 1 tbsp Parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 2 tsps Black pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsps Garlic, chopped
- Cook pasta according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a pan.
- Once oil is hot, stir-fry garlic for about a minute.
- Then, add tomato paste and cooking cream.
- Once sauce starts to boil, turn heat to low, add crabmeat and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes or until crabmeat is cooked.
- Then, add cheese and stir sauce.
- Lastly, season sauce with salt and pepper, add cooked pasta and sprinkle chopped parsley. Serve immediately.