This December, let’s aim to stay healthy despite all the festivities. Eating excessively and indulging in greasy food can affect not only your waistline but your overall health. So to balance your meals out, here are two healthier food options for you to try this December.
Plus, in line with the holidays, these dishes are also festive-inspired for you and your family to enjoy!
- 150 g Arugula leaves
- 80 g Feta cheese (cubes)
- 200 g Watermelon, cubed
- A handful of mint leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- In a large bowl, toss arugula leaves with sea salt, extra virgin olive oil and black pepper.
- Then, add watermelon cubes and gently toss.
- Top the salad with mint leaves and feta cheese.
- Serve immediately or if you’re planning on serving it later, add watermelon only when it’s time to serve to avoid water from retaining at the bottom of the salad bowl.
NOTE: This refreshing salad is perfect for any meal and makes a perfect potluck dish.
Santa’s smoothie bowl
- 2 Kiwis
- Banana, frozen 8 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- ½ cup Ice cubes
- A splash of milk
- 50 g Fresh strawberries, sliced A handful of white sesame seeds
- 20 gMilk chocolate
- With a blender, blend kiwis, banana, Greek yoghurt, ice cubes and a splash of milk until smooth.
- Then, pour yogurt mixture into a bowl and top it with sliced strawberries.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and break the chocolate into pieces and scatter on top.
- Enjoy immediately!
NOTE: Surprise your family this Christmas by enjoying smoothie bowls together! Prepare a variety of toppings to pick from which can be used to decorate the smoothie bowls!